Friday, January 30, 2009

Ask Huffle

Today's question comes from Princess Eva and her brother Brice. They asked me: did I ever share the story of how I found my treat dispensers? (Otherwise known as mum and dad).

I think I may have covered this story once before, briefly, but here is the whole version. For Christmas 2005, mum decided to get dad a kitten for his present. He had been talking about getting another cat (to keep poo-face Salvador company, but we all know how that turned out) for a long time so she decided to surprise him. Only she had to tell him, so he could pick out the kitten for himself.

So on 28 December 2005, mum and dad set off in the car to visit the Cat Protection Society. They were going to get a little kitten but the lady there said they had a lot of grown up cats looking for a home too. So dad decided to look in the grown up cat area. They saw another grey kitty who looked nice but some people had already decided to adopt him. Mum and dad spent ages in the cat pens playing with all the kitties and patting them, trying to find just the right one. Eventually they narrowed it down to two cats - me and another kitty who looked a lot like poo-face Salvador.

When they went inside to talk to the lady, she had to know what numbers we had on our tags to give mum and dad all our information (how old we were, whether we were boys or girls, how long we had been there, etc). Dad went back out to find the other kitty's tag and the kitty bit dad on the hand! So he decided to not even bother with that other kitty; they decided then and there that I was the kitty for them and we all went home together. I knew if I was good I could choose them for myself, and it all worked out nicely.

Thanks for the question, Eva and Brice! If anyone has more questions for me, feel free to ask any time! I have some more question to answer over the next few weeks from friends who have already asked me important questions... stay tuned.

14 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

So, how much did woo pay that other khritter to do that?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Ha Ha, Khyra, furry funny!!! Woo know they do say "don't bite the hand that feeds woo."

We are still pondering a question for woo.

Woos, the OP Pack

Princess Eva and Brice said...

Thanks for the info. It's always interesting to find out how pups and kitties picked out their servants.

Princess Eva

Mason Dixie said...

What a great story. I still hope the other kitty found a home. Maybe he just wasn't ready and really wanted you to be lucky. =)

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We haf a kwestchun...how did yoo get da name "Huffle"? Yoo prolly covered it in yoor blog but our mom is furry lazy, er, bizzy (she's relly lazy) and won't take us back to look fur it.

Kelli said...

Hi Huffle!
That's a great story! I like your blog header, is it new?
:) Tibby

The Army of Four said...

Wowzers, that's such a cool story! Could you imagine if you hadn't found your real mom and dad like you did?
Play bows,
Zim

Quill and Greyson said...

Yep wait to give the bitey till you get home.

Forever Foster said...

It's nice hearing how kitties and woofies found their forever homes:)

Anonymous said...

That's kind of a nice story Huffle. Obviously you were much shrewder than the other cat and much better behaved. Your dad is very lucky to have you.
-TBH (Boru is all misty eyed)

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Weird. And the other cat looked like Poo Face Salvador too.

Glad your Dad picked you!!!

Purrs Goldie

Hee hee, our word verification is "catican". Is that where the feline Pope lives?

Chrissie said...

Huffle, Huffle, I'm so glad you've got good manners!

Oh, and I made the slideshow on my blog bigger so that you can actually SEE what's happening...do come back and have a keek!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Great story! I thought your parents were awfully nice as well and decided not to bite them.

Kat

The Island Cats said...

It's a good thing you decided not to bite that day, Huffle! But, seriously, that is a great story and we're happy the beans chose you!