Saturday, May 31, 2008
Mum had her coffee in bed this morning and nothing was spilt; she didn't find any Huffle hairs in her cup either. I am such a good cat!
Thursday, May 29, 2008
This is me, ignoring mum as she tried to take a photo of me:I was trying to run away from her but she had that nasty camera already. Huffle is not happy!
Purrr S: notice how blue my eyes look? They're not really blue though.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Sunday, May 25, 2008
And here I am, having had enough of the photos. Stormy taught me well!
Purrr S: all those green bits? Weeds. Except the "tree" behind me.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Today mum and dad went out for lunch. I stayed asleep in their bed all day. I was guarding it from intruders. Really! When they arrived home they didn't have any new mouses for me which is a great disappointment. I'm really going to have to do something about this.
I've just been outside being an explorer cat but it's getting cold so I had to come in again. My paws get so chilly!
Oh and Tia, I do like to spread my toys around the house. The tail from one of my mouses that broke off (I have NO idea how it happened, really) I took upstairs to play with one day. Mum and dad thought that was funny. I don't see why; I should get to have my toys wherever I want!
Just an aside - did anyone notice my colour co-ordination in the picture of me in my Huffle bed? Purple bed, purple collar...
Friday, May 23, 2008
Last night I slept between mum and dad all night, it was so toasty! Early this morning I clawed mum's hair and got under the doona and I was even more toasty!
Here is a picture of me being toasty in my Huffle bed - notice I have some of my mouses with me for safekeeping.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
I'm so happy that I decided to get a blog. Mum and I had been reading lots of blogs for ages... dad suggested that I write my own... mum thought about it for a bit (since obviously she is the one who helps me with mine)... and the rest, as they say, is history!
For ages I don't think anyone read my blog but then I got brave and started commenting on some blogs that I like to read and now I have so many friends! Thankyou to everyone who has been so nice to me (the Ao4, Dr Tubey, my attorney at claw Queen Meeshka, Holly, Khyra, Thor, Witty Kitty and the gang, Wilbur and Steve and Kat, Tia and Sitka, Ben the Rottie and everyone else!).
Everyone is invited to my house tonight for a pawty. Mum is making pupcakes!
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Here are the rules: Simply spell out your name using the following key:
A - ka, B - tu, C - mi, D -te, E - ku, F - lu, G - ji, H - ri, I - ki, J - zu, K - me, L - ta, M - rin, N - to, O - mo, P - no, Q - ke, R - shi, S - ari, T - chi, U - do, V - ru, W - mei, X - na, Y - fu, Z - zi.
Then tag 6 friends!
So Huffle Mawson = Ridolulutate Rinkameiarimoto!
Wow that's long! I'm not even sure I can pronounce that.
So I'd like to tag Tia and Wilbur and Witty Kitty and Tasha and Eva and Ari.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Saturday, May 17, 2008
I'm talking about the rain because a) it's the first time in about 25 million years that it's rained like this and b) it's preventing me from going outside and being an explorer cat! Okay, so maybe not 25 million years, but at least a few months. You don't have a drought for 11 years with rain like this.
Coffee in bed passed without incident and now I'm tucked up in my huffle bed snoozing the day away. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to post about my meme memoir. Did you see Wilbur's? It was fantastic. I wish I had my pilot's license too. But since I don't even like going in the car, perhaps it's not the best plan. Witty Kitty, perhaps you should do one too!
Later I will supervise mum doing the washing. An Explorer Cat's work is never done! Perhaps I am a working breed like my best pup-bud Zimmie.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
You have to admit that third one is pretty good. Tomorrow I might let her get a nice picture, for encouragement.
Do any pups or kitties have some advice for my mum on what she can bribe me with? I'm not that excited about cookies.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
And since the original Rat Pack were all about the music, and hanging out in Vegas, we could do some singing together and other stuff I haven't thought of yet.
Oh, and I am working on Stormy's new class at the SZK SSS at the moment. Hopefully I'll have something to show you tomorrow.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
1. Your age? I’m about 7 and a 1/2.
2. Your age when came to live with your people? I was 5 when they rescued me from the Cat Protection Society.
3. What color is the collar you’re wearing right now? It’s purple (like Dave’s!) with glow in the dark fish on it.
4. Who is your favorite person other than the people you live with? My grandpa. He is the only person allowed to rub my belly.
5. How much do you weigh? Mum isn’t sure since I never sit still enough on the scales. But maybe 3 - 4kg?
6. Most expensive thing you’ve ever chewed up? I don’t really chew things up, I’m only little! I am trying to shred the rug though. Meeshka is teaching me about using my claws.
7. Do you like other cats? I don’t like my brother Salvador but that’s because he’s mean to me. I don’t really get to see many other kitties because mum and dad don’t trust me outside by myself for too long. And there are no other kitties that live in our street.
8. Who is your best non-human friend? I don’t think I have one. Maybe Zim in the Ao4 because we both like coffee so much :) And Turbo because he made me an Honorary Husky.
9. Squeaky Toys or Tennis Balls? I’m too little for tennis balls so mouses that squeak are definitely my favourite.
10. Do you like to be brushed? Not on your life.
11. Peanut Butter or Cheese? No, I prefer ham. I will eat cheese if I have to. And liverGREAT! My attorney at claw - Queen Meeshka - convinced my mum to buy some for me and I LOVE it.
12. Do your people cut your toenails? No way are they getting that close to my paws with sharp things.
13. Any formal education? I attend the Stormy Zoluschka Kryschtal School of Siberian Studies. So far I have extra credits in the “Co-operating for photos 1” class.
14. Couch potato or Energizer Bunny? Both! Mostly I am a couch potato but every now and then I like to do a Huffle spack around the house - I think it’s a bit like zoomies.
15. Five nicknames your people call you. Huffypuff, Tubble Puff, Huffle Pawson, Little Black Cat, Psycho Huffle. I have no idea why (except for little black cat; that one’s obvious).
16. What is your best trick? I can make myself invisible! Mum and dad can spend hours looking for me sometimes.
17. Do you like puppies? I like all my blog pup-mates, especially since I am an Honorary Husky. Uncle Buckley is ok but since he is so big I am a bit afraid of him. But he’s never hurt me so he must be ok.
18. What did you have for breakfast? Kitty kibble - it’s on tap during the day at my house.
19. Can you hunt (aka have you ever killed anything living)? If so, what? I am really good at catching flies! And I caught a lizard once.
20. When & why was the last time you went to the V.E.T.? About 6 months ago for my annual check up. I was so afraid I peed in my crate on the way there. It was all ok though, the V-E-T was nice to me and dad didn’t get too mad about the pee. He knew I was scared.
21. Where do you sleep at night? In my Huffle bed downstairs, or under the doona next to mum. Depends on how cold it is.
22. Do you like to swim? Ewwww no way.
23. Can you make kitties? No, the Cat Protection Society made sure of that.
24. Your favorite place to visit? I am convinced that the world outside the garage door is different to the world outside the front door and I am determined to find out one day. Mum keeps chasing me back in the house though.
25. Do you give kisses? No but I can lick you if you want. Dad really likes that *smirk*.
26. Can you potty on command? Hello, I’m a cat? What is “command”?
27. To Cuz or not to Cuz? I have only seen cuzzes on the interweb so I’m not sure. If they are mouse-like I would definitely be pro-Cuz.
I also made this cute picture for her:
If you click on the picture to zoom in, you can see my careful paw placement and posing, which mum thought was very cute. So that's why this is my mother's day picture!
I hope all the mums of puppies and kitties and humans have a lovely day.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
It's a full time job being an Explorer Cat and Honorary Husky so I don't have time to go out and earn money or whatever it is that mum and dad use to buy my food so I can't buy mum a present. I think this might be all Salvador's doing - he is always trying to make me look bad. I could try and steal one of mum's credit cards (I have seen some of you mention them on your blogs so you must be able to use them to buy things) but she is out for most of the day.
I will just have to strike a cute pose for mum (can I get extra credit for my class, Stormy?) and she will be happy. Then I will go back to being an Honorary Husky and making trouble!
By the way, my mouses are now back where they belong... all over the house.
Friday, May 9, 2008
It works really well when you spread out in the middle of the bed and sleep the "wrong" way around. Then you can really take over.
Mum has been away for two days with work. Did she bring me any new mouses from this "work"? No! Honestly, I don't know where I'm going wrong with her. And this morning she picked up all the mouses I have strategically placed around the house and put them away. Don't worry, by the time she gets home later today they will be back where they belong... spread around the house where everyone can admire them (except Salvador, he is not allowed to play with my mouses).
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Monday, May 5, 2008
Sunday, May 4, 2008
I am very supportive of the Husky cause, and frankly, if it means that I can somehow do away with the annoying Salvador, I'll do anything it takes! But I know that the husky cause includes freaking out your human owners and causing as much trouble as possible, so I try to do that whenever I can.
Some of my favourite blogs are by huskies, so this is really a tremendous honour. I'm going to show my award to Salvador and tell him to be very, very afraid.
I've just noticed that dad has left the keys to the new car on the bench. When mum's not looking, I might go for a spin.
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Smooth & Cool
Swingin' hard and keeping it real in his 'hood, your little homey is Snoop Doggy Dogg, yo.
Bustin' out superfly vocals that keep his lady friends perched, ready and on the edge of their seats, Salvador knows how to have a good time with his peeps and is not ashamed to show it. A big fan of the bling bling, Salvador is fashion fit and costume conscious, even willing to go a little over the top at times. Rich like butter and phat with flavor when he rolls, Salvador is well aware of the heads he turns along the way. Often seen hangin' with the big boys, Salvador is one tough cookie and knows how to paw his way out of a confrontation. But despite his occasionally feisty flare, Salvador is romantic and poetic, a true-blue Casanova through and through.
Style & Talent
A stuff-strutter and a trend-setter, Stella is rock star Gwen Stefani!
There's no doubt that Stella was born to entertain—her vintage look mixed with her modern style keep her public (not to mention her owner) coming back for more. Her jaw-dropping looks may mean that she's a common occurrence on the PetStar Magazine 50 Most Beautiful Pets list, but a player she is not: Stella is as loyal as they come. Despite the amount of attention she receives from devoted fans, it's not hard to see that underneath that well-groomed rock and roll coat, Stella is, after all, just a girl.I can live with that. I am stylish, just like Gwen Stefani. I can sing too (just ask mum)!
There was no time for coffee in bed this morning. Mum and dad got up early to go and collect dad's new car. Hopefully I can get a photo of me behind the wheel soon. I just have to wait until they're not looking.
I wonder if I should apply for honorary membership of HULA?
Friday, May 2, 2008
This morning it was a bit cold in our house so I decided to get under the doona with mum and dad. Dad never pays any attention to me when I jump on the bed so I went over to mum and head butted her. She woke up pretty quickly! Then she lifts the corner of the doona up and lets me get underneath so I can claw her (are you proud of me, Meeshka?) and purr very loudly. Sometimes if I am in the middle of the bed dad rolls on top of me and I don't like that. He didn't do that this morning so I am not a flat black cat.
Tomorrow is Saturday. I wonder if there will be coffee in bed???